GreenSlate’s Mission Statement: GreenSlate Management strives to be the premier management company for Urban Omaha by employing quality individuals who are passionate about Real Estate and managing properties such that any of our employees would be happy to live in any of our managed properties.
GreenSlate’s Competitive Advantage: GreenSlate Management was created by identifying a need for a management company that can effectively and professionally manage scattered-site mixed-use properties in an urban environment. Being that we only manage properties within a certain radius of generally high-density urban Omaha, our business model is able to be more horizontal than a typical management company. Whereas a 150-unit complex in the suburbs may have one manager that is in charge of leasing, marketing, financials, maintenance, budgets, and more, we compartmentalize each job function by pooling all of our managed properties into groups and hiring individuals that specialize and excel in each particular role – e.g. leasing agents only do leasing and our finance people only do finance-related tasks. It also protects our managed properties from turnover, if we lose one employee, we still have several other employees knowledgeable about each property, we don’t have to start from square one.
1. Total Management Cost – In comparing our Total Management Cost to the market, we find that we typically have a comparable or lower cost due to our inherent efficiencies. We charge a gross fee as a % of net rent, whereas others charge a net fee and then add on salaries and other charges. Both models work, but we have found our business model can be more efficient and save clients on Total Management Cost – particularly in dense urban Omaha where pooling job functions works geographically.
2. Maximizing rent and minimizing expenses – We have built a brand based on The Blackstone District. Though this name is not exclusive to GreenSlate, we have been able to capitalize on the brand very effectively, in many cases being able to raise rents significantly simply by increasing the demand on a property. We do this through our vigorous marketing, which generates significant lead volume, which we can then use to fill not only properties right on Farnam, but over a 1 mile radius out. We also have various methods of decreasing expenses, such as pooling marketing and in-housing and pooling maintenance staff, which have been very effective in reducing property operating expenses on properties we have taken over.
Jay Lund & Matt Dwyer
Jay and Matt are also Principals of GreenSlate Development, where they develop, own, and perform asset management for many significant real estate assets, particularly in Midtown Omaha and the Blackstone District. Both Omaha Natives, both have extensive and time-tested experience in Commercial Real Estate and Brokerage and are well connected in the Omaha community. Jay and Matt put Spencer Lombardo at the Helm of the management company to focus on continuing to develop and grow their award-winning real estate portfolio.
VP of Property Management
Melissa has called Omaha her home since 2003. Originally from a smallish town in Nebraska, she moved to “the big city” with her husband. Her career in property management began as a leasing agent. Over the years she continued to grow her knowledge to take on whatever role was necessary within the company. Now, 14 years later, she is proud to be the Vice President of GreenSlate Management and looks forward to helping grow the Blackstone District.
In her spare time, she teaches group fitness classes at Creighton University and loves designing landscape for her home and friends. Her weekends are filled with trips to Mulhalls, spending time in the kiddie pool with her husband and son, and hosting friends around the fire pit.
Alicia was born and raised in Omaha, NE. She left Omaha after high school but moved back in 2011 for family. Alicia has been working in the Accounting field for the last 8 years and completed her Bachelors in Accounting in 2015. Alicia is excited to use her extensive accounting experience to help GreenSlate grow and to support the Blackstone District. When she is not working, Alicia volunteers for a giant breed animal rescue, Big Dogs Huge Paws. Her volunteering includes fostering Great Danes in need and organizing fundraising events around Omaha. She also enjoys going on camping and hiking trips with her dogs and friends.
Originally from Houston, Texas, Chad has called Omaha home since being stationed here in 2008. After two deployments to Afghanistan and one to Iraq as a Dari Linguist and Tactical Support Operator, he decided to pursue his passion for real estate upon leaving the Air Force in 2013. Chad obtained a BSBA with a concentration in Real Estate and Land Use Economics from UNO, and became a licensed real estate agent shortly thereafter. When not spending time with his wife and two kids, Chad enjoys working out, watching movies, and getting mad at video games.
Born and raised in Omaha, NE, Dana has been in the customer service industry for more than 10 years and 3 years ago, decided to explore the property management field to take her career to the next level. Outside of being the Director of leasing and tenant relations, she enjoys exploring the outdoors, camping, and learning mechanical traits from her husband. She has also found passion in working with and being an advocate for animal rescue groups, especially for Pitbull and bully breed rescue groups.
New to GreenSlate, Blythe is anxious to bring her leasing, marketing, leadership and customer service skills to the team! She has a wide range of work experience from running a watersports shop to helping out a friend’s excavating company. Residing in Omaha for the majority of her life, Blythe enjoys spending time outdoors riding her bike and kayaking. She also enjoys happy hour with friends and anything involving live music! Blythe is so excited to be a part of the continued growth of the Blackstone District as both a resident and employee!
Paula has been with GreenSlate since January of 2017 and brings over 12 years of property management and customer service experience. Paula is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable supporter of the Blackstone District and is always available to address resident’s questions or concerns. she and her husband enjoy spending time at lake of the Ozarks with family.
Lauri has resided in Omaha, NE her entire life. Lauri joined The GreenSlate Management team February of 2018. Lauri brings 15 years of administrative and Customer service experience. Lauri is honored as well as excited to be a part of the Blackstone District blossoming into a hip place to be. Spending time with family, watching grandkids play sports and hanging with friends is important to Lauri in her personal time. In Lauri’s spare time she enjoys the outdoor, boating, gardening, and cooking.
Join Our Team
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Residential Leasing Agent – Blackstone District
GreenSlate Management specializes in the management of multi-family and commercial real estate properties in the Blackstone District, one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in Omaha, NE. Due to rapid growth, we are looking for a Residential Leasing Agent to join the GreenSlate team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience within the property management industry, and the ability to demonstrate superior customer service.
The on-site Leasing Agent presents an exceptional opportunity to use your sales expertise and interpersonal skills to connect with prospective tenants and current residents. As a Leasing Agent, you are the primary point of contact with customers.
- Participate in all activities related to apartment rentals including showings, marketing, social media and maintaining good customer relations with residents and prospective clients.
- Be part of the Lease-up of exciting new properties being developed in the Blackstone district.
- Manage each prospect from initial inquiry to lease signing, to move-in.
- Communicate the lease process and applicant requirements to prospects. Process incoming lease applications from qualifying prospects, run credit verifications, track all prospective tenants, and follow up on all leads.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure that each prospect is contacted and followed up with in a timely and professional manner.
- Generate prospect traffic through marketing efforts including, but not limited to: Craig’s List postings, Street Easy advertising, community outreach, broker blasts, and constant contact updates.
- Prepare leasing reports for the management team. Work with property manager to shop competition and maintain up-to-date marketing information on the competition.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- True “people person” with passion for real estate and sales. Highest degree of professionalism at all times.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience leasing or managing property while using Real Estate software such as Apffolio a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends. Some overtime may be required.
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously. Superior time management skills. Thrive while working in a fast-paced environment.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Part salary, part commission, with generous commission structure.
- Benefits package that includes 401k match program and paid vacation.
- As a small and rapidly growing company, the opportunity for advancement.
- An office in the heart of the Blackstone district, close to all the action!
Letters of Recommendation